M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Traffic/Streetlight Technician I assist in the installation and troubling shooting of traffic and streetlight equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards
- Assist in installing, repairing, and maintaining traffic and streetlight systems
- Assist in servicing traffic and street light equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components such as LED modules, lamps, photocells, electronic traffic components, poles, cables, loop detector, and fixtures.
- Receive and follow direction from crew leads (Tech II) on miscellaneous tasks that are needed throughout the shift
- Receive and follow direction from others in management positions to include: logistics managers, warehouse managers, superintendents, project managers, and group managers.
- Assist in the installation of traffic and streetlight cable
- Housekeeping of work area and work vehicles
- Re-stocking of work vehicles or storage areas
- Perform pre and post vehicle and equipment inspections
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in the electrical industry with a High School Degree or GED, one (1) to two (2) years of experience with an Associate’s Degree
- Basic knowledge of the theory of electricity and electronics
- Excellent safety and driving records and reliable transportation
- This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to M. C. Dean policy
- Ability to drive vehicles up to 26,000 pounds
- Ability to use a computer to pull work orders from on line tool and print
- Work Flexible Hours and varying shifts, including rotating on call schedule
- Lifting at least 50 pounds at one time.
- Relocating a twelve-foot stepladder without assistance as required
- May use standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools
- Working at various heights up to 60 feet, climbing and maintaining balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders
- Walking, climbing, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls, and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis
- Possessing adequate vision (may be corrected vision), and the ability to hear and communicate in English
- IMSA Work Zone Safety and Level I Certification
- Bucket Truck, ladder Use Certifications
- Confined Space, Hand Operation for Cranes, Small Tools TrainingRequired Skills: See Job Description
To apply for this job, contact: