Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Warrenton, VA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Warrenton, VA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Excited about working on a new precision relative navigation system for landing aircraft on ships? Damage tolerant flight control? Autonomous rotorcraft? Fly-by-wire control systems for airliners? Join our highly versatile and dynamic team of flight control and navigation engineers!
• Develop, prototype, and test estimation and control algorithms in simulation environments
• Write detailed algorithm description documents
• Generate requirements for automatic control and navigation systems
• Work closely with system and software engineers to ensure successful implementation and testing of algorithms
• Support flight test campaigns for unmanned, manned, or optionally piloted aircraft
Prepare and deliver clear and concise technical presentations to internal and external customers
• A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
• US Citizenship or permanent residence is required.
• Strong background in control and estimation theories
• Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink and C programming languages
• Advanced degree or related experience in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, or related field
• A solid understanding of aircraft navigation systems
• Background in trajectory planning and optimization algorithms
• Background in image processing
Working knowledge of fixed and rotary wing aircraft dynamics and control
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Airborne Products & Systems*
**Title:** *Senior Systems Engineer - Guidance Navigation and Control*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000TR*
To apply for this job, contact: