Full Time Employee
O&M IT Consultant II (Job Number:421154)
Provides consultative support to FEMA customers to enhance the use and access of technology and information systems. The incumbent has a varying level of responsibility for support information technology-based systems primarily in the areas of applications software, multimedia, database resources, and network support, but may include a moderate degree of hardware consultation and support. Positions in this classification will have responsibility for supporting administrative departments, needs, using available information technologies and resources. The incumbent will have experience in the Service level agreements between Government agencies as well as Inter agency agreements. Strong knowledge of IT cost estimations and IT Operations management processes is required. The Information Technology Consultant typically has a broad knowledge of multiple software and instructional/media technology applications, database systems and sources, and equipment types, but is not usually involved in design and systems analysis on an ongoing basis, which would require an in-depth knowledge of engineering or programming techniques. Provides consultative support to FEMA customers to enhance the use and access of technology and information systems.
Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Generally interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background. Additionally, may interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customer¿s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s). PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. IMPACT: Guides the succesful completion of major programs. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives. LIASON: Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- The core functions of the Information Technology Consultant are: Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support
- Experience of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and SLA reporting
- Knowledge of information technology systems and/or applications, including FEMA critical systems and multimedia environments, access procedures, networks and/or databases
- Ability to integrate multiple applications and/or systems
- Proficiency using standard software packages, to include Microsoft SharePoint Ability to analyze data requirements and research data availability and access methods
- Knowledge of data administration principles and techniques
- Knowledge of network administration
- Ability to coordinate and implement data exchanges and conversions
- Knowledge of ITIL process and procedures
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Knowledge of statistical and/or research databases
- Subject matter expertise in a specialized discipline or body of knowledge
- 9 or more years of administration experience in a complex multi-site environment
- Experience can be substituted with having a Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016, 9:30:28 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: