Full Time Employee
Software Developer (Job Number:421335)
SAIC has a need for a Software Developer focused on visualization software. This position is in development of modeling, simulation, and data analysis and visualization tools for Sandia's high performance computational science and engineering environment, with an emphasis on C/C++ and Python software development. The successful candidate would contribute to a team whose objectives are to develop and support core technologies with broad applicability, as well as to work closely with customers to deliver more specific end-use applications. Potential technology areas include model development for next generation sensors including signal and image processing and scientific and information visualization that enables discovery from very large single and ensemble data sets.
Work activities may include development, productization, testing, deployment, and end-user support of software tools for a leading-edge scientific computing environment; development, enhancement and modification of such tools and associated utilities; the application of such tools in direct support of customer applications, and the research and development of new capabilities and integration into end-user applications. The technical nature of the work demands competency in software development, together with experience, training and knowledge related to scientific/engineering applications, data analysis, visualization, informatics, computer graphics, large-scale databases, image and signal processing, parallelizing serial algorithms, and graphical user interfaces.
The software developer will:
- Gather requirements, design, develop and test high-reliability applications, and provide end user support for a number of applications.
- Interact with the Lead Developer and other developers to build software solutions that fit the scope requirements
- Manage software application code using version control and problem tracking software expediently and accurately
- Work effectively in an Agile software development (or adapted Agile) environment
- Interact closely with customers
- Development activities to be done in compliance with application development, database and middleware guidelines and standards
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineer or equivalent experience( 4 years)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing C/C++ applications.
- Knowledge and/or experience related to scientific applications and high performance computing environments
- Strong interest in data analysis, visualization, graphics, and user interfaces
- Self-motivation and the ability to contribute to advanced development activities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and meet customer needs.
- Possession (or have the ability to obtain) a DOE Q clearance. Can start uncleared but must be able to start clearance process upon acceptance.
- M.S. degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with parallel programming including OpenMP, MPI, and GP
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016, 2:58:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: