Full Time Employee
O&M IT SOA Consultant II (Job Number:421156)
Working under the general supervision of the team lead for the ITOPIS. The Senior System Analyst programmer will administer production servers and disk storage in an enterprise environment, train staff in complex topics, interact with senior management; and schedule weekend on-call functions.
Assists in the installation, implementation, and upgrades of internal systems. May maintain a tracking system for usage evaluation. Maintains an inventory of all equipment, hardware, software and supplies. Troubleshoots, maintains, and monitors, external and internal hard drives, printers, plotters and scanners. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, monitoring and tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, allocating mass storage space and allocating virtual machines. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Considerable knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Supervision Received: General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments. IMPACT: Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or expense to correct. LIASON: Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involved obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- This position requires experience with Applications support in a Windows environment, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Monitoring tools like Oracle Grid.
- Independent problem- solving, self-direction and documentation skills
- Expert in all aspects of server administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, server operations and maintenance, server migration, server protection and disk to disk backup/restore
- A solid understanding of Web Services, messaging and other related technologies
- A solid understanding of Linux- based operating systems and Windows Server operating system, and the storage utilities used by them
- Experience in reviewing and performing application releases/changes for production critical applications
- Hands on experience in App server performance tuning (system and application level
- Familiarity with SAN storage concepts
- Ability to write scripts in various administrative languages (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell)
- Experience supporting application servers/database migration/upgrade efforts.
- Two or more years of experience in SOA 10g and Weblogic/Apache- Tomcat/Oracle
- Five years or more of system administration on a Windows environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in Virtualization and DR environments Experience can be substituted with having Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science or a related field and two years of experience in the field of SOA and service-oriented computing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School and two (2) years or more related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016, 9:30:11 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: