Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Physical Security Engineer-3 (Job Number:420339)
- Designs, develops, and coordinates integrated security systems such as access control, alarm, and camera systems.
- Provides analysis, demonstration, and deployment of cyber-physical systems to enhance the security of critical infrastructure and the safety.
- Provides digital hardware assessment, high-level systems analyses, modeling and simulation, systems engineering, and field deployments.
- Establish credible technical and operational concepts by interacting with cross-functional teams and end users.
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance, as well as continuous improvement, of security systems
- Creates support and end- user documentation for security systems
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of physical security standards
- Possesses understanding of key system drivers, including the threat/risk, performance metrics, and operational constraints.
- Conducts site surveys and works with cross functional teams to design physical security device placement to include connectivity, device selection, standards compliance and implementation of solutions.
Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) . Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8- 10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with at - Software House C-Cure
- Knowledge and experience with at least one of the security applications preferred- Vindicator, Milestone, Bosch
Active Secret clearance is preferred. Candidate must also be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Entry on Duty (EOD).
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs and walk long distances. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2016, 2:31:19 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: