Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Systems Engineer (Job Number:420253)
Candidate will be responsible for the scaling and future design and operations of a large Enterprise Management Systems which includes tools such as Remedy ITSM, Blade Logic, CMDB, Asset Management, ADDM and Analytics. Candidate must be Tier 3-4 and capable of responding to after hour events as well as mentoring more junior personnel.
- Provide expert level requirements analysis and design for all systems within the EMS environment.
- Plan virtualization, server and network layouts; configure systems to requirements sets and best practices.
- Provide implementation, integration and maintenance of EMS tools including the Remedy ITSM, BMC Network Automation, BMC Server Automation, BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping, BMC Atrium Orchestrator, BMC Dashboards for BSM, and BMC Analytics for BSM.
- Provide troubleshooting support for customer issues, identifying possible enhancements, mapping current processes into ITSM modules, identifying and gathering requirements, configuring ITSM modules, and implementing any requested and approved customizations.
- Support operational maintenance windows and after hour support requirements.
- Perform system administration functions to ensure applications are working at their ultimate performance levels; providing recommendations for enhancements that automate manual processes.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to JR. level personnel; may serve as team or task lead.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
- Documents logical and physical configurations, changes as required by the customer's operational processes.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Follow ITIL based process and procedures and escalate for technical assistance with the vendor as needed for incident response.
Education/Equivalent Training Required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Experience 5 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Active Top Secret clearance is required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the Top Secret/SCI level.
- Candidate must also be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Entry on Duty (EOD).
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs and walk long distances. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2016, 2:30:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: