Full Time Employee
O&M System Analyst II (Job Number:421145)
Administer production servers in an enterprise environment; train staff in complex topics; interacts with senior management; analyzes system/application issues and provides accurate and rapid resolution; evaluates all systems for enhancements provided by developers and assesses impacts on system functions and the operational environment; provides expertise and advice on the day-to-day function of the production environment.
Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis. Ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- This position requires experience with Applications and/or OS support in Windows and Linux Red Hat.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction and documentation skills
- Expert in all aspects of server administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, server operations and maintenance, server migration, server protection and disk to disk backup/restore
- A solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows Server operating system, and the storage utilities used by them;
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint administration and configuration.
- Familiarity with SAN storage concepts
- Ability to write scripts in various administrative languages (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell)
- Enterprise storage solution knowledge (SAN, NAS and direct-attached disk) in an open systems environment.
- Knowledge of hardware and software from key storage vendors (EMC, IBM, HP)
- Advanced troubleshooting experience resolving configuration issues, such as connectivity, DNS, stopped services, web tier issues, etc
- 10 or more years of administration experience in a complex multi-site environment
- 5 or more years in Large, Medium, and Small deployment experience in reviewing code and implementing within a production environment
- 3 year?s experience with a virtualized production platform
- Experience can be substituted with having a Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016, 8:28:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: