Full Time Employee
Portfolio Management Lead (Job Number:420536)
SAIC has an opening for a Portfolio Management Lead in McLean. The Portfolio Management Lead provides strategic and tactical leadership of the portfolio and cross-program governance, risk management, process improvement initiatives, standards and best practices in support of counterintelligence operations. Includes reporting and communications to enable effective data driven decision-making in the mission capability development planning function. Responsibilities also include assessing the current organization and delivery environment and recommend optimal Agile portfolio management practices tailored to the Government’s operational constraints, establishing and improving portfolio and program governance processes, reporting and metrics, and driving operational excellence. Other duties are as follows:
- Provide coaching and training at all levels in an emerging Agile based portfolio management environment.
- Define and manage portfolio and program level governance processes and forums in support of data-driven decision-making and providing transparency into progress, risks and issues.
- Establish key performance indicators and operating metrics and drive operational excellence in the end-to-end product development process by managing to these metrics.
- Ensure the right information and metrics are collected from the development leads, formatted and reported effectively, and provide transparency and visibility into the project’s scope, progress and status.
- Establish and lead a consistent cadence of well-organized, well-facilitated, and effective roadmap and release planning events, including driving preparation and follow up activities required to publish target release plans aligned to product development priorities.
- Ensure mission priorities and technical changes are incorporated into portfolio and program release plans, dependencies are captured and tracked, risks and issues are proactively identified and mitigated, and progress is communicated to all stakeholders.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more of related experience of broad applied IT project management experience in managing technology projects and leading technical staff.
Experience and Skills:
- 5 or more years of portfolio management experience managing IT projects through Agile and/or Waterfall methodologies in an IC environment. Experience must include management of interrelated projects with associated dependencies, complex scope, high-level risk and multiple integration points.
- Working knowledge of governance processes gained through working as a Government representative or contractor.
- Highly refined communication skills including ability to negotiate, build consensus, clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences, excellent presentation and facilitation competence and ability to represent mission IT needs.
- Ability to build trust and strategic partnerships with assigned Government points of contacts, mission IT users, project teams, and leadership to facilitate two-way communication.
- Deep, thorough understanding of NCTC Office of Mission Systems governance processes.
- Deep understanding of Project management methodology and processes.
- Experience managing an operational budget.
Other Requirements / Certifications:
- Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance with Polygraph
- Active, up to date PMI PMP certification
- IAT Level III position per DoD 8570.01-M
- IT (ITIL), Security (CISSP), and Agile (SAFe, Scrum) certifications
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt or beyond
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 22, 2016, 12:34:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-VA-MCLEAN
To apply for this job, contact: