Full Time Employee
Chief Engineer (Job Number:420807)
SAIC has an opening for a Chief Engineer in Reston. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the quality of the engineering and technology focused deliverables and contributions of the workforce. The Chief Engineer works closely with the all stakeholders to ensure the proper understanding of technical needs and translates those needs into overarching requirements that support development of enhanced information technology mission capabilities. The Chief Engineer also provides guidance during the task implementation, technology assessments, and makes recommendations for technology insertions that result in the government achieving their strategic objectives. The Chief Engineer develops, refines, and implements program related strategic level views and development plans as they relate to the government's IT infrastructure. Additional responsibilities include ensuring all personnel stay abreast of best practices and changing technologies required to deploy and improve new IT tools and systems.
Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more of related experience; PhD or JD and thirteen (13) years or more of related experience running a data center, hosting and managing cloud-based solutions and operating both web and corporate solutions of combined experience producing enterprise architectures modeled at the Business, Application, Data, and Technology levels that incorporate analysis of alternatives (AoA) trade studies including CAIV, and lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum (7) year's experience producing Intelligence Community (IC) mission system architectures and engineering of complex systems (greater than $20M value) using an agile systems engineering framework, and involve integrating COTS, GOTS and Open Source components.
- Recognized within the Intelligence Community (IC) as a professional authority and technical visionary.
- Experience implementing project management models (e.g. Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, Hybrid)
- Experience performing strategic planning and working with customers and user representatives to define, plan, prioritize, and optimize requirements and initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE), and experience supporting C2S, AWS GovCloud or IC ITE services strategies.
- Supervisory experience of technical subject matter experts (SMEs) specific to the designs, installations, and configurations for compute, network, and storage for the end to end mission systems.
Other Requirements / Certifications:
- Active Top Secret Clearance / SCI with Polygraph
- EA/SA Certification by a recognized Government or academic institution
- IAT Level III position per DoD 8570.01-M
- IT (ITIL), Security (CISSP), and Agile (SAFe, Scrum) certifications
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2016, 3:50:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-VA-RESTON
To apply for this job, contact: