Full Time Employee
VMWare Administrator (Job Number:421338)
We are seeking individuals that can apply integrated technical judgment using the scientific method to research, architect, design, develop, test and deploy large, widely distributed hardware platforms that support complex, real-time, high-consequence ground station systems for the acquisition, processing and dissemination of remote sensing information. The successful candidates will work within a team environment to research the design and application of state-of-the-art computer systems, secure architectures and networks and will ultimately be responsible for applying solid engineering principles in the design, implementation and application of complex Linux system, virtualization technologies, and wide area network. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain technical expertise in all areas of computing hardware to facilitate continuous platform operations and troubleshooting time-sensitive issues along with evaluating and reporting on new platform technologies and recommending viable and scalable solutions for incremental enhancements.
The position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and desire to learn and share knowledge about vSphere. The candidate will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with other IT professionals outside of the work center are required. The resident infrastructure team provides system administration and support for a wide variety of technologies and capabilities.
VMWare View Administrator - Responsible for technical operation, administration and troubleshooting of multiple VMWare VDI environments hosting Windows Desktop operating systems. Responsible for other related components complementing the View VDI offerings including vSphere, application provisioning, scripting and cloud activities. ?
Primary Responsibilities and Abilities:
- High level operational maintenance, support and upgrades of complex operating systems, including, shared components, commercial off-the-shelf application interoperability validation, and system security configuration management.
- Supports a wide range of computer hardware, file storage subsystems, workstations, and peripherals.
- Participate in the modernization of integrated hardware and software solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Ability to understand the application and utilization of high-end software packages.
- Ability to define systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Recommending, designing, and implementing systems management and automation systems
- Scheduling installations and upgrades per local policies and procedure
- Designing, configuring and tuning high availability Linux systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 5+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated expertise (greater than 3 years) in vSphere infrastructure administration – activities must include the full lifecycle of Virtualization Infrastructure (requirements, procurement, installation, securing, operations and upgrades.)
- Demonstrated experience (greater than 3 years) conducting providing of virtual Machines (LINUX or Windows)
- Experience with software development and programming with higher level languages to include Python and shell scripting.
- Experience with close coordination with R&D software development teams.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Sound knowledge of Active Directory and group policy?
- Sound knowledge of Powershell scripting.
- Exposure to ITIL incident and change management processes.
- Good communication skill
- Must possess an active Q clearance or DOD TS clearance for work on classified systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2016, 1:39:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE Q
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: