Full Time Employee
Senior Network Engineer (Job Number:421290)
SAIC is seeking a Senior Network Engineer in Arlington, VA.
Job Duties Include:
- Working with a diverse team of analysts, linguists, cultural experts, and operations officers, focused on creating and recognizing targeting opportunities and strategies in the cyber-realm.
- Responsible for supporting a variety of systems in a mission-critical enterprise environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a small team, without a constant management presence.
- Troubleshooting network issues, and customer service skills, including the ability to defuse situations, and to deal with individuals who might not fully understand the technology, is required.
- Works in a team of various government, subcontractor, and SAIC personnel.
- *Must be a US CITIZEN** **ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE and the ability to obtain TS/SCI with POLY**
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience
- Security+ or CISSP certification on day one.
- Windows desktop operating systems, and demonstrated experience supporting those systems in a mission-critical enterprise environment.
- Ability to build and tear down computer systems, including knowledge of components and component- level repairs.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, network infrastructure, and networked appliances, to include administrative access and configuration experience.
- Knowledge of thin and thick clients, as well as Citrix and Desktop Director
- Knowledge of printers, networked print queues, and basic maintenance
- Knowledge of network- attach storage systems
- Knowledge of rules and procedures for handling government classified and proprietary information Ability to troubleshoot network issues back to their source, and to rectify problems or propose solutions.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- COMSEC Experience: loading key, configuring, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of classified communication systems
- Knowledge of Mac OSX
- Knowledge of UNIX and Linux systems
- Working knowledge of popular, legacy, and new social media, blog sites, and mobile applications.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 7:39:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: