Full Time Employee
O&M System Administrator (Job Number:421289)
- In depth knowledge of and experiencing using NIOS ? FEMA?s ordering/provisioning/billing/reporting application
- User account administration: creation, modification, and security access
- Role management
- Application folder structure and associated dependencies
- Functionality and use
- Application maintenance
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Application logs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of FEMA?s SCR process and associated IPT processes and updates Backup tools and strategies associated with databases, applications and system servers
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Hands-on experience in performing system admin functions to include but not limited to: Drive space monitoring, System log, RHES5 updates and patches, Routine maintenance, Oracle experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 8:18:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: