M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
Full Time Employee
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Senior Office Engineer provides technical & administrative information to others working on a project to ensure that the work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instruction; trouble-shoots engineering related installation problems. Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough and practical.
1. Planning and maintaining project budget and schedule.
2. Planning and maintaining Manpower forecasts in relation to budget and schedule.
3. Identifying value added solutions and cost saving methods.
4. Pricing, tracking and managing change orders.
5. Identifying change orders and ensuring effective resolution.
6. Maintaining as-builts as work is completed.
7. Documenting project issues/conditions.
8. Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
9. Planning and executing project completion and punch list.
10. Preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
11. Submitting O&M manuals.
12. Completing a comprehensive estimate.
13. Managing design development logs and criteria compliance matrix.
14. Managing coordination & detailing logs & schedule.
15. Identifying value added solutions & cost savings methods.
16. Assisting in Field Inspections / productivity tracking.
5-7 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (preferably from an ABET accredited program)
3-5 years of experience with a MS/MA
-Proficient with Microsoft Office, experience using Project Mgmt software (PM Online, MS Project), CPM Scheduling software (P6, Suretrack), Cost software (Accubid, McCormick), AutoCAD, and Engineering Document Management System (EDMS).Required Skills: See Job Description
To apply for this job, contact: