M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
Full Time Employee
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Level I Estimator assists more experienced estimators in preparing cost estimates for bids and proposals for electrical and other low voltage applications such as fire alarm systems, security systems, communication systems, paging systems, audio-visual systems and nurse-call systems.
1. Assisting with development of specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
2. Assisting with effectively handling all aspects of the bid process from organization and clarification of bid documents (plans, specs, RFP, etc.) to preparation of a written proposal.
3. Assisting with accurately performing quantity surveys in a format that allows application of production rates to determine labor costs, estimated material costs and equipment costs.
4. Assisting with the gathering data and preparation of bid proposal estimates and design/build proposals.
5. Assisting with performing take-offs from drawings; pricing change orders, and attending site visits to understand the constructibility of projects.
6. Understanding plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed and to ensure compliance with project requirements.
7. Understanding and applying cost fundamentals; maintaining current, accurate information on prices from suppliers and contractors.
8. Assisting with preparation of bid packages, Bill of Materials (B.O.M) and obtaining Request for Pricing (RFP) from subcontractors and vendors.
Bachelor degree is preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
Experience with Cost Engineering Software – McCormick / Accubid
To apply for this job, contact: