Full Time Employee
BMD Support Senior Training Analyst, TTGL (Job Number:421415)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a qualified former AEGIS Tactical Action Officer, to provide support to the U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Ballistic Missile Defense Exercise (BMDEX) training program. The qualified candidate will provide direct assistance to Carrier Strike Group FOUR (CSG 4) and Tactical Training Group, Atlantic (TTGL) as a Senior Training Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the development, implementation, execution and assessment of the training program and requirements to support BMDEX. The candidate must be knowledgeable in SPY-1 B/D operations and have stood watch on an AEGIS BMD ship as a Tactical Action Officer.
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position is a former mid- to senior-grade U.S. Naval Officer with at least one tour of duty on a BMD-configured AEGIS CG/DDG. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least four years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Training management
- Developing training curricula
- Conducting fleet/joint training assessments to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Delivering training in person and/or online
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Managing training projects as team and/or project leader
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint training objectives
- Engaging senior staff at the Flag Officer/Director/Manager level
- Handling multiple priorities and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity/deliverables
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- Provide subject advice and expertise on evolving defensive systems and ensure that the BMDEX program is aligned with USN warfare training system processes, Navy Warfare Training System (NWTS) processes and the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC).
- Provide assistance to USN stakeholders with identifying agency, joint and coalition counterparts BMD related issues and developing government stakeholder training system requirements.
- Provide shipboard and warfare commander mission critical watch teams with progressive, advanced and challenging BMD distributed training scenarios that stress Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and Pre-Planned Responses (PPR). Facilitate rehearsal and refinement of established procedures.
- Assist government representatives in coordinating, execution and assessment of BMD exercises in the live and synthetic training environment including assimilation of BMD training events into the Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) program.
- Develop lessons learned from exercise results including assessment of Navy Mission Essential Tasks (NMET) and provide these findings to the Government no later than two (2) weeks following the completion of each event.
- Assist in briefing senior USN leadership on exercise design and lessons learned findings.
- Assist government representative in scheduling BMD exercises enabling fleet BMD-capable ships to meet readiness requirements.
- Assist in the delivery of expert academic and operational instruction in BMD missions, tactics and doctrine to fleet BMD personnel to include software and hardware configuration. This instruction may periodically involve travel.
- Provide assistance and expertise of BMD, including knowledge of global missile defense including the roles and functions of USSTRATCOM/Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense (JFCC-IMD) and USNORTHCOM; familiar with Global Missile Defense (GMD) elements and AEGIS Ashore program; must be familiar with current/projected theater Area Air Defense Commander (AADC), Air Operations Center (AOC), and Army Patriot/THAAD standard operational procedures and simulation systems.
- Provide command-level expert advice regarding BMD doctrine and TTP in all applicable missions to include homeland defense/long range surveillance and track (LRS&T) and theater/regional active defense.
- Provide assistance and expertise of Aegis weapon system capabilities and employment in support of BMD training events.
- Assist with BMD/FST coordination, execution and scenario development and integration of live/virtual/constructive (LVC) simulations into representative real world scenarios. Contractor shall provide expert knowledge of the Joint Warfare Training System (JWTS), joint training team (JTT), NWTS and NMETs.
- Assist with planning and executing BMD FST At Sea Training events.
- Assist with planning and executing AEGIS Ashore Watch Team training and certification events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- U.S. citizen with Secret clearance and Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
- Active military duty experience as an Aegis Tactical Action Officer, knowledgeable in SPY-1 B/D operations and an expert in BMD.
- Eight (8) years of technical and general Training SME experience (ten years in lieu of degree will be considered).
- Five (5) years of experience at the instructor/evaluator level on a training staff involving synthetic BMD mission planning and execution.
- Four (4) years of applicable Training SME and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above) with BMD requirements, specializing in maritime force capabilities.
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
- Must be willing to travel overseas and in CONUS up to 10 percent of the time.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable in data entry, operations, and products associated with the AEGIS Mission Planner (AMP).
- Familiarity with entering and evaluating the effectiveness of SPY radar doctrine.
- Familiarity and solid understanding of the Navy Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) concept with strong knowledge of air defense, BMD, and Navy strike warfare.
- Experience at the instructor/evaluator level on a strike group or Numbered Fleet Command staff or equivalent DoD staff involving synthetic BMD mission planning and execution.
- Significant experience with Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) utilizing the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) to conduct scenario development and integration LVC capabilities into a realistic training environment.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a JSAF operator.
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- **Current DoD Secret clearance with Top Secret/SCI eligibility REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2016, 2:11:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: