Full Time Employee
SOFTWARE INTEGRATION ENGINEER (Job Number:421413)
SAIC requires software engineering support for Advanced Combat Systems Command and Control, specifically Common Aviation Command and Control System (CAC2S).
The successful candidate will support the development and integration of Command and Control software for, primarily CAC2S, and other UNS/USMC Command and Control programs, and also provide senior level Linux system administration support including extensive troubleshooting abilities.
The successful candidate will provide Advanced Command and Control software and systems engineering, and test and evaluation support to the CAC2S program at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren. This tasking will include the verification of requirements and assist in developing a disciplined software/systems engineering process to achieve a formal assessment of Command and Control systems, specifically the Common Aviation Command and Control System (CAC2S).
The successful candidate will be able to define and/or develop models and/or tools designed to further analyze capability issues and assist in the refinement of CAC2S assessment measures/metrics, and assist in the characterization of CAC2S capability through the development of software, and the review and analysis of data from test events including but not limited to, documentation review, requirements analysis, functional decomposition and allocation, functional and physical architecture review.
Must be a US CITIZEN.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: SECRET
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2)+ experience in software engineering in the areas of Computer Program Development and Modeling and Simulation, and computer program integration and environment setup on a major program.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with surface C2/Combat Systems including design, performance, analysis, military applications, or operational experience.
- Experience with interfacing systems, such as sensor systems, track management systems, electronic warfare, self- defense systems, displays, weapon systems and tactical data links in order to assess overall system and capability performance.
- Ability to assess software complexity in quantitative terms and able to translate complexity to approximate development time and cost to maintain.
- Experience in assessing software changes for impacts relative to complexity, throughput and accuracy.
- Experience performing research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Experience clarifying program intent, identifying problems, suggesting changes, and determining extent of programming and coding required.
- Experience in designing computer programs, considering factors such as: computer storage capacity and speed; extent of peripheral equipment; and intended use of output data.
- Experience creating and analyzing test runs on computer to correct or direct correction of coded program and input data.
- Experience revising and directing revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Experience compiling computer program development and subsequent revision documentation.
- Experience training subordinates in software design and program coding.
- Two (2) years’ experience in computer program integration and environment setup on a major program.
- Experience with Naval or Marine surface C2/Combat Systems, e.g., AEGIS and SSDS.
- Experience with all phases of software integration within an active software development environment.
- Experience with all types of software integration from source code to scripts to scenarios to test cases.
- Experience configuring/reconfiguring and integrating software and hardware environments on a deadline.
- Experience debugging within and across software environments and languages.
- Experience assisting with testing and field installation.
- Is 8570 Certified in accordance with Department of Defense Directive 8570 (DoDD 8570).
- Experience with the use of and operation of DoD approved scanning tools and in performing remediation to appropriate level vulnerabilities [e.g., 1, 2, 3, and 4].
- Experience with accrediting and complying with DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation (DITSCAP) requirements.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2016, 3:47:23 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-KING GEORGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: