General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
General Dynamics Information Technology has an opening for a full-time visual / graphic / web designer with media development experience at the Naval Postgraduate School.
Selected candidate will work with an established instructional design and development team in creating interactive media for distributed learning and higher education.
* Design conceptual mockups and final UI specifications for web sites and custom applications
* Design and develop interactive educational media for online courses (rich media presentations, simulations, tutorials, and interactive learning modules, etc.)
* Create final (pixel perfect) graphics and UI elements
* Support marketing team with print-production design projects
* Support video development team with keyframe graphics and animations
The successful candidate should possess the following core competencies:
* Demonstrated understanding of design principles (color, layout, typography, composition, grids, etc.)
* Ability to prototype and quickly generate conceptual mockups
* Experience with photo manipulation and vector graphic applications
* Experience with CSS/HTML, page layout, and responsive design
* Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Fireworks, After Effects etc.), and Office Suite tools
Additional Desirable Skill Areas Include:
* Presentation applications (Articulate Presenter, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.)
* Video/audio production and animation
* Interaction design / UX design / usability principles
* Print design / production (posters, brochures, marketing elements, etc.)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
* 2-5 years of related web design experience.
* 2-5 years of work experience in relevant design-related field. Design degree preferred.
* Available to work 40 hours per week, on site, at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA.
* Online portfolio and/or work samples required.
To apply for this job, contact: