Full Time Employee
Responsible for all transport carrier & logistics payment systems. This position is responsible for managing CarMax’s transport freight payment of approximately $200M in annual freight spend through the CarMax TMS. The Sr. Analyst would manage the relationship with the third party freight payment provider and ensuring all carriers are paid to terms with world class reporting & visibility.
Evaluation and development of Transportation related strategies:
• Leads integration strategy of the 1st CarMax Transport Management System (TMS), working with internal and external partners for freight payment
• Onboard 23 transport providers onto new freight payment process
• Develop & design data management process to streamline over 2M vehicles transfers for automated freight payment
• Implement action plans to develop business intelligence reporting capability for transport spend
• Lead procurement effort to integrate new external contract management platform to enable the execution of an annual carrier bid process to ensure over 35,000 lane rates are adjusted to market across $200M in annual spend
• Leads weekly Supply Chain meetings to highlight transport spend opportunities
• Determines all transportation spend-related project & systemic directives and both drives and communicates them across the entire company.
• Owns & develops the relationships with freight payment provider
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
4 year degree required
Strong knowledge of freight payment with bachelors degree in IT or Business
Experience in TMS preferred
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong communication skills required (both oral and written) to act as principle point of contact for the department.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Strong mathematical skills required to perform rate evaluations and to evaluate total transportation expenditures.
REASONING ABILITY: Strong ability to evaluate and negotiate all related department decisions while establishing lane rates, delivery timeframes, and acceptable timelines for dispatching.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position will primarily work in an office environment with occasional store visits.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Environment will be primarily in our corporate office, but associate must be able to focus on details while being a part of an open office environment in a very fast paced, demanding setting.
To apply for this job, contact: