Full Time Employee
Java Developer (Job Number:421496)
SAIC has an opening for a Java Developer in Washington, DC. The developer will be supporting the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) effort by working on a team of 3 ? 6 Java developers in developing enterprise Web applications. The developer is responsible for release design and planning and will support junior developers as they create code through supervision and code reviews. The developer will also write Java code and must be expert in all aspects of Java including both front-end and back-end detailed design, development, unit testing, documentation, and maintenance of all code developed.
Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Expert Object Oriented Programming skills.
- Has completed considerable projects using an MVC framework (Spring MVC preferred)
- Experience in an ORM tool (Hibernate preferred)
- Experience with version control systems (Subversion/Git)
- Worked in both *nix and Windows environments.
- Solid experience with an RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
- Developing web services (both REST/JSON and SOAP/XML)
- Polyglot programmer (with exposure to languages such as .NET , Scala, nodejs and a scripting language such as Python)
- Experience working with ?big data? technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Graph databases
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services and Docker.
- Green Card or US Citizenship required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 24, 2016, 12:26:27 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: