Full Time Employee
Outside Plan/Telecommunications Technician (Job Number:421519)
- The individual in this position will work with the other technicians to accomplish outside plant duties and activities.
- The main focus of the job is to assist the area manager / supervisor by providing field support.
- The outside plant technician should expect to spend the majority of their time in the field but should also expect to complete administrative tasks as required by the manager.
- Although the work schedule is fairly fixed, the outside plant technician may be required to alter normal work hours.
- The outside plant technician may also be required to travel, and possibly be listed on a rotating schedule.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Climb ladders, enter underground communications vaults, buildings, trenches, attics, crawl spaces to place new cable tag information.
- Work in remote and rough terrain locations.
- Work outside and will be exposed to all weather conditions as well as dirt, grease and wood preservatives.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment and follow established safety practices and procedures.
- Move or remove and reestablish cable maintenance loops in order to trace cable.
- Load tools and equipment onto trucks and/or trailers, moving, lifting, or pulling weights of 100 pounds or more to operate power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, winches.
- Must be able to lift or move manhole covers or similar items.
- Locate customer facilities, responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating and marking of underground utilities by thoroughly searching for underground plant in an area, properly mark the location, and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Required to communicate with, supervisors, upper management and customers, using formal business English via email, personally or phone to help maintain code and guidelines of the company and to communicate job status and issues surrounding daily activities.
- Required to complete and supply necessary documentation for daily reporting.
- Adheres to all company employee safety, and customer rules and policies.
- This includes, but is not limited to, appearance codes, vehicle policies and safety codes.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, and sit.
- Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch to wire cables and string wire.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance General computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office software Possess a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report.
- Must be able to read and understand maps and blue prints.
- Must be able to read and understand written or verbal instructions and work orders.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Experience Working knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access) is required.
- Familiarity using databases is required.
- Must be able to read, write and update cable plant infrastructure drawings in English.
- Understanding and experience using CAD (preferred), and GIS (preferred).
- Prior work experience in NEC/NOC in a military environment highly desired.
- Prior Military is a plus.
- Familiarity with Telecomm Management System (TMS) such as CAIRS is a plus.
- Cable certification for any one of the following is a plus: BICSI Installer 1 BICSI Installer 2 BICSI ITS Technician BICSI ITS Technician BICSI Installer 2, Optical Fiber BICSI Structure Cabling Systems 3M Fiber Optic Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 25, 2016, 12:01:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-WA-FORT LEWIS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: