Full Time Employee
Senior Mainframe Developer (Job Number:421571)
Responsible for responsible for gathering requirements from system functional and producing a technical solution for the application programmers. Works with COBOL programmers as well as codes on batch and CICS platforms; Generate a final review before software is forwarded to Quality Assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and 8+ years of experience as an application developer
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general IT experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), customer service-oriented
- Strong problem solving skill set, and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential
- Work in an environment that practices strict change management
- Provide recommendations to application development teams for data restructuring and performing complex maintenance
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Knowledge of the IBM mainframe environment utilizing ESB
- Expertise with the Customer Information Control System (CICS), Common Business-Oriented Language (COBOL II), DATACOM, Job Control Language (JCL), and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Initiation and execution of all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including multifaceted systems integration testing
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ as well as a related certification relevant to the computing environment
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 26, 2016, 9:21:37 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: