Full Time Employee
Panama City Beach
Test and Evaluation Technical Writer (Job Number:421585)
SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer/ Editor to create from raw data, system-related technical test documentation to support the Navy’s Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Mine Countermeasures Mission Package and Associated Mission Modules program.
- Author, prepare and maintain documentation pertaining to system testing, equipment installation and configuration, system operations and data collection.
- Design, review, and edit document text, graphical images, flow charts and diagrams for inclusion in a final document.
- Perform data and information flow reviews of technical documents to identify deficiencies, completeness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Provide documentation that meets or exceeds editorial and customer standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Write and edit precise system-related technical documentation and publications.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and Department of Defense (DOD) Technical Writing requirements.
- Operate in an engineering testing environment and deliver complete and accurate technical reports, which support the results achieved during the testing evolution.
Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience.
Requirements include exceptional technical writing ability, presentation and documentation skills and be able to work under strict time constraints.
- Must also be a proactive time manager who can set priorities, adapt to fluid environments and employ strong analytic and problem-solving skills to deliver high quality finished products on or ahead of schedule.
- Must be fully proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Must be able to successfully work with a diverse and dynamic group of operational and technical personnel, effectively collaborate with team members, work independently, demonstrate initiative, insight and possess a superior work ethic.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, ability to multi-task, be detailed oriented and thoroughly familiar with document configuration management.
- Demonstrate full facility working in the SharePoint environment to create and manage document folders and work spaces.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 30, 2016, 3:56:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-PANAMA CITY BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: