Full Time Employee
IT Software Systems Engineer (Job Number:421664)
SAIC’s customer provides systems engineering, system architecture, and systems integration for the design, performance analysis, development and deployment of a variety of large-scale, mission-focused applications. We architect, engineer, and develop advanced, one-of-a-kind large-scale geographically distributed hardware platforms for complex, real-time decision support systems using extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of mission and domain specific science and technology. Our team is also responsible for performing system-level integration and test to ensure the integrity of our systems throughout the development lifecycle from inception to delivery. We are responsible for architecting, designing, and developing software development processes and environments to become more effective at discovering potential software discrepancies and ensuring that the system meets mission and performance requirements. We have significant experience in systems integration, hardware architectures, internal and external system interfaces, advanced networking and computing technologies, and Information Assurance technologies and applications.
A qualified staff member is needed to work on the System team. The System team provides capabilities that enable our agile development environment infrastructure. Our competencies span across multiple computer science disciplines including systems integration and testing, automation of our process and tool infrastructure using Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications, continuous integration, configuration management, and performance assessment in a LINUX environment.
- Perform application, tool, server and environment upgrade activities, including troubleshooting and diagnostics (must have UNIX experience)
- Support software development activities, perform system administration activities, perform configuration management activities
- Maintain, modify, develop and implement scripts (Bach, Perl, Python)
- Support integration and testing activities
- Provide user support for software development tools
- Collaborate across teams to resolve issues
- Document processes, instructions and support activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 5+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Demonstrate experience in software engineering and tool development – 6 years minimum.
- Demonstrated software development experience in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience in Python and Shell scripting
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Q clearance
- DOE L or equivalent to start
- Experience in researching, evaluation and customization of third party software tools
- Experience as a LINUX/UNIX systems administrator
- Experience in integration and testing
- Experience in Data Base Administration
- Experience programing in Java
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2016, 12:14:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: