Full Time Employee
Legal Analyst (Job Number:421644)
SAIC is seeking a Legal Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
The candidate will:
- Work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs and Associate General Counsels daily on subject matter relating to DoD assets, personnel, and international and domestic affairs for the Secretary of Defense (SecDef).
- Provide preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by supervising attorneys.
- Provide initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Provide preliminary legal review and preparation of orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs.
- Disseminate daily SecDef Cables to the appropriate Attorneys for action.
- Assemble, coordinate, and track Questions for the Record (QFRs) for OGC/IA action and GC clearance.
- Support the International Agreements Database (IAD) as needed.
- Prepare the GCs Briefing Books for the SecDef Briefings.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to International Affairs topics; liaison with other government agencies and DoD Components.
- Work and coordinate with high- level DoD offices and officials.
- Perform research and analysis; cite checking; and database searches using STS, Westlaw, Lexis, and other sources of information.
- Open and close packages in OGCs suspense tracking systems (STS).
- Assist with legal administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
- Coordinate with outside agencies to provide agreements from IAD.
- Provide backup support to other analysts for a variety of subject matters relating to International Affairs.
- The Legal Analyst must be able to provide support for the following international agreements: Article 98, Acquisition and Cross Servicing Agreement, Counter-Threat Reduction, General Security of Military Information Agreement, General Security of Information Agreement, Status of Forces Agreement, Chapeau Agreement, Military Information Exchange Agreement, Circular 175, Defense Cooperation Agreement, Research and Development Agreement or Memorandum of Understanding, Loan/Grant/Guaranty/Credit Agreements, Liaison Agreements, Personnel Exchange Agreement, Reciprocal Defense Procurement Agreement, Non- Reciprocal Agreements, Reciprocal Government Services Agreement, Exchange of Scientist and Engineers Agreement, Loan and Lease of Equipment Agreement, Implementing Arrangement or Agreement, and Cyber Defense and Information Assurance Agreement.
Required Educational Background:
- Bachelors’ Degree in a legal or international relations related field from an accredited institution.
Three years of OSD-level experience with the following:
- Providing preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by supervising attorneys.
- Providing initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Providing preliminary legal review and preparation of orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and online research tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Previous government experience, or experience in a law office, corporate general counsel office, or JAG office.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
Special Circumstances: No travel anticipated Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2016, 8:08:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: