Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Rockwell Collins Flight Control Systems have been flying and landing airplanes for over 30 years. Our customer base is a who's who of aircraft manufacturers. These industry leaders demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of criticality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development of our complex systems.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about developing cutting-edge fly-by-wire systems for the latest aircraft in the business, regional, and air-transport market.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to work on Requirements Capture, System Design, System Integration and Testing responsibilities for next generation aircraft.
This for You If:
• You like working with a diverse, dynamic team of highly motivated and talented people
• You enjoy being recognized for a job well done
• You are looking to make a difference
• You believe in innovating
• You appreciate working in a culture of trust and support
• You want a chance to develop your skills as a leader
• You like moving fast
Systems Engineering tasks include:
• Define system requirements and lead systems integration for fly-by-wire flight control product development.
• Perform flight control system design and analysis for flight control actuation systems and sensors.
• Create model based design algorithms for operational controls and system control.
• Develop requirements based test procedures and perform requirements based testing.
• Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes, and proactively improve existing processes.
• Consistently deliver quality requirements and products.
• Work with internal and external teams to coordinate parallel development efforts into phased releases.
• Keep yourself up to date with the latest trends in systems engineering and tools.
• Collaborate and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline, and diverse development team.
• Develop presentations to internal/external customers and certification authorities.
• Mentor other engineers in the requirements development process, safety aspects of commercial aircraft fly-by-wire systems, and systems engineering processes.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
• Working knowledge of conventional code development (C, C , Python, etc.)
• Systems development experience
• Model based design (Simulink, MATLAB, etc.)
• Must demonstrate an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Must possess exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Must demonstrate organizational skills and focus on detail; show self-motivation, self-direction, ability to work independently, and a commitment to continuous improvement of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Additional skills a plus:
• Experience in the development of commercial/military airborne systems
• DO-178B, DO-254, ARP-4754
• Certification of aircraft systems with the FAA or other certification authorities
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Flight Controls Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Systems Engineer -Fly by Wire Systems/Software (Cedar Rapids, IA)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000U3*
To apply for this job, contact: