Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Sr Citrix Engineer (XenMobile) (Job Number:421682)
SAIC has an opening for a Sr Citrix Engineer (Mobile Device SME) located in Springfield, VA
The Department of State has implemented a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, XenMobile, which offers the Department further flexibility in the mobile space. Experience with mobile device management, regardless of platform, is critical for this role. The Sr Citrix Engineer will be an integral part of a small mobile device engineering support group tasked to focus on the deployment and further advancement of managed GFE mobile devices throughout the State Department. This critical project will require the technical expertise of a high level mobile device engineer specifically to support the engineering and deployment of iOS devices and additional devices supported by the Mobile Device Management platform. The mobile device engineering support group will augment the Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division’s engineering team.
Description of Duties:
Working closely with the Project Manager, the high level Mobile Device Engineer, as part of the mobile device engineering support group, shall perform the following:
- Determine the most efficient methodology and path for expanding the mobile infrastructure
- Assess and integrate Android phones and tablets
- Review applications and provide recommendation to the IRM/OPS/MSO/MRA on whether or not applications should be approved for use on the mobile platform.
- Assess, test, and integrate enterprise and commercial mobile apps into the MDM environment
- Operate, maintain, and administer a 24x7x365 Mobile Infrastructure
- Evaluate, recommend, and support operational changes, enhancements, and modifications
- Perform configuration backups and disaster recovery operations
- Troubleshoot, respond, and resolve escalated incidents/service requests from Tier 2 and/or planned/unplanned outages
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components
- Interface with vendor(s) to resolve hardware/software issue, garner information on future capabilities, and solicit recommendations on Citrix product enhancements and/or configurations
- Develop, maintain, and support operational documentation to include, but not limited to Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs), requirements documents, back-up/contingency plans, architectural design documents and diagrams, and/or Information Assurance (IA) related documentation
The Mobile Device Engineer shall be a subject matter expert (SME) on mobile devices, Citrix XenMobile, and Citrix Netscaler. In that role, the individual shall provide reliable, accurate, well-researched and defensible expert technical knowledge and positions to deploy newly approved devices and resolve issues. The individual shall have a strong understanding of mobile device security, Assessment & Authorization (A&A) processes, and procedures to advise and assist in the approval and deployment process. Additionally, the individual shall have a strong knowledge and understanding of, and ensure compliance with, the Department of State Change Management processes, as well as, DS and IA requirements.
The Mobile Device Engineer, working in tandem with other members of the technical support team to:
- Ensure that information flow of technical guidance is issued promptly, seamlessly and well-coordinated.
- Provide prompt, efficient and effective technical guidance and support to all Operations staff members, particularly pertaining to escalated tickets or issues and/or critical system alerts; responsiveness to these types of issues are particularly critical after normal business hours.
- Perform on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Ensure that established performance metrics/service level agreements are either met at a minimum, or exceeded.
Ensure that all servers are patched promptly and in accordance with the Department of State’s patch management process and guidance, so as not to negatively degrade the system’s iPost scores; ensure all identified Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) are remediated promptly.
The Mobile Device Engineer shall be responsible for, among others, the following key deliverables which must be met in accordance with established timelines:
- Infrastructure design updates
- Installation plan updates
- Mobile platform integration plans
- Application reviews and recommendations
- Mobile Device support requirements
- The individual must have the skills to effectively communicate status of various and meet timelines and deliverables.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have strong technical analytical skills, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, and related IT disciplines
- At least 12-14+ years of progressive experience in mobile device engineering or software engineering
- Relevant IT certifications
- Experience in development of mobile platform or middleware, implementation of solutions in either iOS, Android, BlackBerry or all of the above
- Storage experience utilizing NetApp or similar solution
- Experience with Citrix products that include, but are not limited to NetScaler, XenMobile, XenApp, XenDesktop, and XenServer
- Strong Layer 2/3 network background to include familiarity with firewalls
- Experience/working knowledge of VLANS, DNS, Active Directory, GPO’s, DHCP, TFTP, and PKI Certificates
- Experience in analysis and resolution of technical performance issues and other limitations
- Experience in providing support to Operations personnel and customers
- Experience in debugging performance issues
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in deployment and support of large-scale IT systems
- In-depth technical experience with iPhones and iPads
- Strong and demonstrated oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with senior management officials, project management team members, and technical staff members
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables
- Ability to focus on delivery of products and services on time
- Relevant Citrix-related certifications
- Experience supporting a global MDM architecture; supporting 10,000+ users
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise security software development.
- Experience with MDX Toolkit or similar technology used to wrap and deploy apps
Clearance Requirement: SECRET
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 4, 2016, 6:42:47 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
To apply for this job, contact: