Full Time Employee
Data Center Engineer (Job Number:421640)
The Data Center Engineer will support the Data Center across all dimensions. This job is responsible for the second/third level technical support for the server technicians, network administrators and support personnel for all forms of systems that support the Data Center environment including cabling, power, space planning, cooling management and all other dimensions in a very large, complex environment. The position is responsible for troubleshooting complex problems that may be across multiple systems and subsystems that require specific and in depth knowledge of the highly sophisticated Data Center environment in addition to IT infrastructure knowledge. The position also is responsible for all electrical/mechanical support, integration and planning for new systems that need to be fully analyzed and evaluated including designing new solutions incorporating complex planning variables that all need to be taken into account. The position will require understanding and frequent interaction with a variety of other technical support personnel and will also need to interact with customers during major issues or implementation planning. Position is expected to resolve issues that come up or if they cannot, escalate to the systems or software engineering teams for additional help.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, electrical engineering or similar IT technical field or 4 years of relevant equivalent experience
- Two years of experience working with servers, networking, storage and IT systems
- Experience with power, cooling and other environmental systems in a data center.
- This job will require lifting of up to 50 lbs. Equipment lifting devices are available for heavier components.
- Customer engagement and business systems analysis experience, excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with IT procurement processes and managing IT standards across an organization
- Experience with installation, configuration and maintenance Windows 2008 and 2012 Servers and Linux/Unix servers
- Ability to detect, identify and troubleshoot system software and hardware problems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Project and Visio
- Knowledge of various enterprise storage and system backup concepts
- Overall understanding of IT systems and services including all aspects from hardware through software and the processes that support them
- Can start without a clearance but must be able to obtain and maintain required US DOE Q security clearance.
- An active L, Q, TS security clearance is highly desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 2, 2016, 2:31:47 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: