Full Time Employee
UTV Field Service Representative - (Multiple locations - Hawaii, Japan, California, North Carolina) (Job Number:421707)
- Select candidates will provide on-site maintenance, operator and systems academic instruction, and on-equipment proficiency training to unit personnel.
- Each team will identify, source, and track replacements components at their respective location. Conduct functional tests and return articles to service.
- Document maintenance and inspection actions.
- Review technical documentation to identify planned maintenance action requirements.
- Review and implement service advisory/service bulletins.
- Each FSR shall serve as Subject Matter Expert Trainer for UTV training course and will be required to evaluate operators and equipment.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for changes and improvements to equipment installation, operation, modification, maintenance, training, and failure mode analysis for equipment.
- Position will require both CONUS/OCONUS travel; this may include sea duty up to 6 months supporting a Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU).
- This position is contingent on successfully passing the Polaris UTV Trainer and Maintenance Course.
- Knowledge of military wheeled vehicle maintenance processes, policies, culture, operation, and training.
- Knowledge of parts, materials, and processes related to electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- Ability to use various hand, power-driven, and specialty tools.
- Each warranty part must be tagged with a minimum of the date, repair order number, and customer name and placed in the area designated for warranty parts retention for potential return.
- Must be able to perform quality repairs in a timely manner.
- Must be able to maintain serialized parts inventory.
- This will include warranty tracking to ensure retention for potential return.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be available for a flexible work schedule, available for extended or weekend hours, sometimes on short notice to include holidays as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to meet all OCONUS location specific requirements as outlined by DoD 4500.54-G, Foreign Clearance Guide.
- Must be available for up to 6 month deployment supporting Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU).
- Must possess or be able to obtain within 30 days an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- A minimum (3) years’ experience as a USMC motor vehicle mechanic or manager strongly preferred.
- Polaris, ASE Certifications / Master ASE certification is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of quality systems (e.g., inspection process, company quality procedures).
- Knowledge of product maintenance processes, tools, troubleshooting techniques and standards.
- Prior Military instructor experience in a formal training environment.
- Must be able to pass DOT Medical Exam.
- Ability to meet all USMC and/or US Navy “Sea Duty” screening requirements.
- Ability to lift and carry 80 lbs unassisted for short distances.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs, ladders and ramps while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in small, cramped spaces.
- Ability to perform required job duties outdoors in conditions that may include extreme high and low temperatures, rain, snow, and high winds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time traveling in a company vehicle to testing locations.
- Ability to stand and walk without rest for at least two hours.
- Ability to bend and/or twist legs, arms, and body within normal range of motion.
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of experience or high School diploma or GED and 6 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2016, 2:18:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-NC-CAMP LEJEUNE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: Japan-Okinawa-Ken-OKINAWA, United States-CA-CAMP PENDLETON, United States-HI-HONOLULU, United States-NC-JACKSONVILLE
To apply for this job, contact: