Full Time Employee
CAD Team Lead (Job Number:421668)
SAIC requires a candidate for the role of CAD Team Lead. This hands-on independent contributor position will be responsible for partnering with the Business, Operations, and matrixed Technology teams working to ensure that appropriate solutions are delivered to meet the business needs. We are searching for a results-driven, forward-thinking technical lead with an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) background and collaboration skills who is adept at understanding a customer’s business goals then translating and delivering them to a particular technical solution. Responsibilities include preparing, communicating, and delivering against the Organizations strategy; ensuring technology needs and issues are identified and addressed; leading and directing multi-disciplined technology team.
- Triage, manage, resolve and report on business related issues in a timely manner using BMC Remedy ticketing system.
- Performs and oversees the troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of problems for all areas including systems administration and technical support is a classified IT environment.
- Develop and maintain a standardized hardware and software configuration for over 1000 Design Engineering (CAD) customers.
- Collaborate with customer management to communicate business requirements and issues to partners and vendors providing technology services to the Customer.
- Assist business owners in understanding how to best use IT architecture, system capabilities, application data and functionality across various systems to meet business needs.
- Define and implement service performance measurements and produce weekly analytics review and development of reports for the customer regarding team performance.
- Assign and track daily project and work tasks for other team members.
- Review and approve changes to the Customer’s technology environment, ensuring changes do not impact critical business functions.
- Support and participate in large, complex initiatives involving cross-functional teams and deliverables.
- Give presentations to customer base on new technologies and upcoming corporate IT initiatives.
- Work with vendors on behalf of the customer to procure computers, servers, and software for 200 CAD designers.
- Provide technical and operational leadership to a staff of 8 technicians.
- Manages the development of the team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with customer’s strategic objectives.
- Keeps projects on track.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years).
- At least 5 years progressively responsible management experience, managing technical resources to deliver core infrastructure, desktop support and data exchange capabilities.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience with ITIL, IT Service Management.
- Demonstrated experience applying technical acumen and domain knowledge to facilitate the resolution of business, operational, technical, and process challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems, mitigate conflicts, lead technical teams, and deliver cogent presentations.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast- paced, relatively unstructured environment, working on tight deadlines, highly motivated to drive activities to completion.
- Proven vendor management skills including contract negotiation, quality of service monitoring, service performance management, and joint problem resolution.
- Experience with 64-bit Windows clients and Windows server environments.
- Experience with diskless infrastructure including both servers and clients.
- Current DOE "L" level clearance.
- Experience working with and managing services supporting Windows and Engineering applications.
- Experience also implementing and administering FlexLM, PTC Creo Parametric and VMware ESX virtualized infrastructure servers Involves Classified: Yes
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2016, 9:37:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: