Full Time Employee
O&M Technical SME II (Job Number:421140)
Working under the general supervision of the systems & storage manager, the storage engineer will administer storage in an enterprise environment, train staff in complex topics, give presentations to internal audiences and interact with senior management; and schedule weekend on- call functions.
Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Generally interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background. Additionally, may interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customer¿s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives. Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources. LIASON: Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational andoutside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction and documentation skills
- Expert in all aspects of storage administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, data migration, data protection and disk to disk backup/restore
- A solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows Server operating system, and the storage utilities used by them
- In-depth understanding of fiber channel and network-based storage concepts; working knowledge of zoning and redundancy, storage design concepts, and their implementation into the enterprise environment
- Ability to write scripts in various administrative languages (PowerShell, Perl, VBScript, etc)
- Enterprise storage solution experience (SAN, NAS and direct- attached disk) in an open systems environment.
- Knowledge of hardware and software from key storage vendors (EMC, IBM, Brocade, McData, NetApp)
- Five years or more of storage administration experience
- Two to five years of system administration experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- capable of writing purchase justifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors or years experience in lieu of a degree and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 2, 2016, 9:14:55 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: