Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
The Flight Control Systems team at Rockwell Collins is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about developing and supporting aircraft simulation and test environments for Fly-By-Wire (FBW) systems for the latest aircraft in the business, regional and air-transport market.
We are looking for a Sr Systems Engineer to work on flight control test system requirements capture, systems integration, testing responsibilities, and on-going support for next generation aircraft.
• Flight Control Test System design, development, interface definition/management, documentation, hardware/software integration, lab infrastructure and system test.
• Interpret internal and external customer requirements, develop simulation and testing capabilities and participate in requirements reviews and issue resolution.
• Contribute to detailed requirements and Systems Integration for FBW flight control product development.
• Perform and support requirements validation and verification.
• Perform Systems Engineering for design and development of new Flight Control component test rigs and/or enhancements to existing test rigs.
• Troubleshoot test rig issues.
• Contribute and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline, and diverse development team across multiple geographic locations.
• May lead technical teams on assigned Lab Systems projects. Manage scope, schedule, budget and risk for assigned projects.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
• Experience writing and decomposing system requirements
• High level System Design and Development experience
• Hardware and software integration and system testing (verification and validation) experience
• Complex system trouble shooting experience
• Prior experience with project lead/project engineering, or has the desire and skills to grow into a project engineering role.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines; possess exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; demonstrate organizational skills and focus on detail; show self-motivation, self-direction, ability to work independently, and a commitment to continuous improvement of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Additional skills a plus:
• Experience in the development of commercial or military airborne systems
• DO-178B, DO-254, ARP-4754; certification of aircraft systems with the FAA or other certification authorities
• C/C , Python
• Model based design (Simulink, MATLAB, etc.)
**Organization:** **Flight Controls Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Systems Engineer - Flight Controls Integration Lab (Cedar Rapids, IA)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000U7*
To apply for this job, contact: