Full Time Employee
Software Assurance Lead (Job Number:421626)
SAIC has a need for a Software Assurance Lead to support NASA’s Simulation Laboratories (SimLabs) at NASA Ames Research Center. SimLabs consists of several high and medium fidelity flight and Air Traffic Control simulation facilities. More information on SimLabs can be found at http://www.aviationsystemsdivision.arc.nasa.gov/facilities/. While this position will have responsibilities across the entire SimLabs organization, initially the primary role will be within NASA’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems in the National Airspace System (UAS-in-the-NAS) Project.
The successful applicant will oversee the following tasks:
- Development and maintenance of a Software Development Management Plan for the UAS-in-the-NAS Project such that it conforms to the NASA Software Engineering Requirements (NPR-7150.2B) and Software Assurance Standard (NASA-STD-8739.8).
- Migration of the project software tools and team to established git and Jira environments for software source control and issue tracking. This includes the integration of software from multiple sub-projects into a common baseline.
- Work closely with UAS-in-the-NAS project managers and lead engineers to track changes to system requirements and maintain traceability to test requirements.
- The individual will record and track software discrepancies to closure.
- The successful applicant will perform software verification and manage the UAS-in-the-NAS software release process for all Project-related NASA and non-NASA research partners.
- The individual will participate in a Configuration Control Board to ensure quality management and prepare inputs to the Risk Management Board as required.
Additional responsibilities include developing and maintaining processes across the SimLabs organization that conform to the NASA Software Engineering Requirements (NPR-7150.2B) and Software Assurance Standard (NASA-STD-8739.8). Advising and recommending additional or modification to the software tools to meet these and other customer requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree required along with 5+ years of experience. Expertise in the following is highly favorable.
- Software Configuration Manager (SCM) 3-6 years experience
- C (Computer Technology) 1-3 years experience
- C++ (Computer Technology) 1-3 years experience
- Java (Computer Technology) 1-3 years experience
- Jira (Computer Technology) 3-6 years experience
- Software Engineer (Technical Specialty) 3-6 years experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 6, 2016, 7:17:40 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MOFFETT FIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: