Tatitlek Corporation (http://www.tatitlek.com/)
Full Time Employee
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site Project Management support regarding classified buried conduits/fiber installations for base-wide single mode fiber cable plant. This includes overseeing multiple subcontractors during installation phase of outside fiber optic cable plant to ensure job specifications are satisfied.
- Identify, engineer, procure, install, test, and document all network connectivity requirements for Network Operations Group.
- Install, Troubleshoot, and test single mode and multi-mode fiber, CAT-5 (Shielded Twisted Pair), UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) cables.
- Develop installation and connectivity plans for network equipment (hubs, switches, routers, media converters, Wave-length Division Multiplexing, etc.)
- Develop and maintain engineering and configuration management drawings using MS VISIO and AutoCAD.
- Update several databases with related impacts to IA packages, IP addresses, system configuration data, cable identifiers, and change notices.
- Create, track, and maintain SCIN’s for all network system configuration changes, upgrades, or removals.
- Ensure all safety requirements are being followed.
- Ensure and maintain that all SPAWAR security level requirements pertaining to designated classified fibers are met. This includes daily inspections/reviews.
Other job duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Experience, Education and Licensure:
Education: The Installer shall have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience: The Installer shall have at least two (2) years of experience in installing Ethernet and fiber optic networks, network components and network interface devices. This experience shall include running, connecting, and terminating 100BaseT and 1000Base-T (STP and UTP), multi and single mode fiber optic cable, voice, and installing network interface devices. The Installer shall have acceptable customer service skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
The Installer must possess and maintain a Driver’s License for potential operation of low-speed Government furnished equipment (utility cart).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties as described, including but not limited to the following:
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Able to conduct site surveys and assesses and documents current site electrical configuration.
- Able to perform installation of conduit or raceway supporting electrical power distribution.
- Able to perform electrical installation in accordance with approved installation design plans (IDPs).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performance of essential and ancillary functions requires maintenance of physical conditioning adequate for bending, stooping, and sitting; walking or standing for prolonged periods. Most work requires sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. Must be able to lift 50 1bs. Requires near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone and keyboard; and ability to lift horizontally and vertically.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, most work will be performed in environmentally controlled areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. Must be able to able to gain access to US military installations after undergoing background check. Valid Driver's license, proof of insurance, and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity, and travel will be required.
Native preference applies pursuant to PL93-638
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
To apply for this job, contact: