Full Time Employee
Cyber Security Analyst (Job Number:421337)
The Cyber Security Analyst’s primary responsibilities are i) to act as liaison between the Center and Cyber Security, ii) help members of the workforce (MOWs) implement unclassified and classified cyber security program requirements, and iii) ensure MOWs follow established Cyber Security policies and procedures. Other CSR responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support Center management in the risk management process to:
- Identify the Center cyber footprint
- Identify and understand the Center’s cyber risks
- Identify how the Center processes and uses unclassified but sensitive information (e.g., OUO, PII, ECI, UCNI)
- Identify how the Center processes and uses classified information
- Maintain knowledge of cyber requirements within the Center and the Center’s mission
- Serve as the Center’s liaison for Corporate Unclassified Information and PII requirements and be able to direct Center personnel to available resources:
- Corporate Dictionary for definition of PII
- Corporate, Identify and Protect Unclassified Information, and Control Personally Identifiable Information
- Available Corporate Tools
- Participate in Cyber Security working groups, CSO Senate, and Cyber related training
- Communicate information regarding cyber security to Center management and/or the Center workforce as necessary
- Be cognizant of any foreign national personnel working with, or within, the Center, as well as the rules regarding foreign national access to SNL cyber resources
- CSAA: Coordinate, prepare and maintain the Cyber Security Accreditation Agreement (CSAA) information in NWIS, in accordance with applicable Corporate and Cyber Security policies
- Audits: Assist Cyber Security personnel and auditors with:
- Internal corporate inspections, surveys and audits
- External inspections, surveys and audits
- Cyber Security self-assessments and risk assessments
- ISSO: As the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for classified stand-alone cyber systems within your center, coordinate, prepare and maintain one-page classified cyber security plans. Potential assignment as an AISSO for network security plans.
- Refer Center management or line personnel to external organizations when applicable:
Security Incident Management Program (SIMP)
Corporate Investigations Office
Office of Counterintelligence
Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM)
Classified Matter Protection & Control (CMPC)
CSU Special Projects for Classified Computing Resources
Information Management & Cyber Security Risk Department
Office of the CIO
- Understand the Cyber Security duties associated with the following documents and information.
Corporate Policies – Information Management & Cyber Security IM100
Cyber Security Management Structure
NNSA Policy Letters (NAPs)
DOE Master Cyber Security Plans
Individual Cyber Security Plans that pertain to the Center and know who the ISSOs are for those plans
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 2+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Familiarity DISA STIGs
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate detailed technical information to a non-technical audience.
- DOE Q clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to run vulnerability scan reports, analyze and interpret results.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain Windows server and desktop systems.
- Familiarity with AD and group policy objects.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manipulate Windows registry entries.
- Excellent written, verbal, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision.
- At least 2 years of experience as a desktop or server system administrator
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Tenable Security Center
- Security + or SSCP certification
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012
- Familiarity with VMWare ESXi 6
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 7, 2016, 3:50:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE Q
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: