Full Time Employee Contractor
Engineer will interface with design engineers, commodity specialists, and vendor personnel to identify appropriate spaceflight quality parts, and resolve problems and issues.
• Identify appropriate spaceflight quality parts, and resolve problems and issues.
• Review parts lists for compliance with NASA GSFC and Project-specific quality and reliability requirements, and participate in Part Control Board and Failure Review Board meetings.
• Review screening, lot acceptance testing, and destructive physical analysis results and provide concise synopsis for lot disposition.
• Provide a technical interface to GSFC and AS&D procurement organizations.
• Work with Senior Parts Engineer in mentor relationship.
• BS in Electrical, Electronic, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent technical field.
• Demonstrated understanding of the differences between military, space, and commercial part specifications/manufacturing/testing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to prioritize activities and effectively support multiple projects/tasks
• Ability to work with a diverse group of contractor and Government employees, and possess strong organizational skills
• Some travel may be required for this position
• US Citizenship required, must be able to pass a Government background investigation.
• Experience working at NASA Goddard is preferred
Clearance: Individual must meet government NAC and US citizenship/work permit requirements for access to NASA GSFC.
To apply for this job, contact: