Full Time Employee Contractor
· Shift work during pre-launch rehearsals, launch & early orbit raising and on-orbit testing.
· Occasional off hours to support anomaly events or scheduled rehearsals.
· Support database compilation and modification tasks on satellite Ground System (GS).
· Evaluate satellite health and safety monitoring, Engineering evaluations/analyses, problem resolution, development of on-orbit test sequences and methodologies, Engineering telemetry gathering and analyses, Engineering data trending, document preparation/review, and attendance at meetings and reviews.
· Support anomaly resolutions; development and review of operations procedures, on-orbit data analysis, and development of post-launch test documentation.
· Ability to work independently on assignments and in an integrated product team (IPT) environment.
· Participate in concept/peer reviews and brief project management on technical details and progress of assigned tasks.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
· BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related fields (aerospace, physics).
· Experience in satellite operations is required
· Must have satellite database testing/validation experience.
· 1 to 3 years in spacecraft subsystems experience is highly desirable (Co-op and intern experience will be considered).
· Experience in trending and analyzing satellite health and safety data, generation of commanding sequences with logical constructs (in STOL-like scripting language) is desired.
· Experience with databases in XTCE format is desired.
· Experience with C++, java, python, XML, XTCE, CCSDS, Database Knowledge a plus.
· Proven track of being detail-oriented and self-starter.
· Communicate effectively across all levels. This position requires extensive interfacing with personnel from different organizations (project, vendors and operations).
· Experience with IBM/Rational Rhapsody/DOORs and satellite file management Systems is a plus.
· Due to mission criticality expect at least 1.5 year commitment.
· Capable of quickly acquiring knowledge to work effectively at GSFC.
· Must meet government NAC and US citizenship/work permit requirements for access to NASA GSFC
Other Skills preferred:
· Excellent organizational, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills
· Must be a US citizen with ability to pass a Government background investigation
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience working at NASA Goddard is preferred
Individual must meet government NAC and US citizenship/work permit requirements for access to NASA GSFC