Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Commercial Systems Platform SW Team. In this role the ideal candidate will participate in the development of state-of-the-art, industry-leading platform software for commercial jet aircraft. You will be a part of the Platform Software team to design and architect software to be developed on brand new technology, including brand new Airborne Electronic Hardware and System on a Chip processors. You will be working closely with Hardware, Airborne Electronic Hardware, and the Systems team.
• Software requirements and architecture development
• Software design and implementation
• Functional and integration testing
• Software delivery support
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
• Real Time low-level embedded software development experience
• Experience developing in Embedded C
• Experience in requirements development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with various teams
• Strong team building and ability to analyze information and complex issues using logic and reasoning.
• Ability to identify complex problems, and develop and evaluate options and solutions.
• Ability to be a self-starter and motivated to take on challenging work and milestones.
Additional experience a plus:
• Experience in architecture and development
• Experience in software estimation (bidding)
• DO-178B or C software development experience
• Operating Systems (LynxOS and VxWorks preferred)
• Multicore processors and hypervisors
• Software Integration
• Software verification/test
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Avionics Products Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Software Engineer - Platform Software (Cedar Rapids, IA)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000H4*
To apply for this job, contact: