Full Time Employee
AEGIS Techician (ACNT) (Job Number:421786)
The successful candidate will shall provide on-site field engineering and technical support services for Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 296. Support provided by this position includes technical support, and assistance to conduct inspections and assessments on the Aegis Computer Networks to include, but not limited to Local Area Networks, Switch Blade Servers, Routers, VME Chassis Structure, Fiber Optics, and Digital Interfaces on the Aegis Baselines 7.1, 7.1.R, 7.2, 8.1 and 9.A0.
Additionally, the candidate will:
- Perform functional checks and program review support for Aegis Computers/Networks as stated in paragraph 3.1.
- Identify and correct system faults/anomalies in Aegis Computers/Networks as stated in para 3.1.
- Provide onboard maintenance training to ship’s force technicians in the operation, repair and maintenance of the Aegis Computers/Networks described above.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An in-depth knowledge of Aegis Computer Networks as described in the “Position Description” above, including over 9 years of Naval experience and a minimum of 9 years of specialized experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and testing of Aegis Computer Networks.
- Proficient using UNIX, LINUX, REDHAT, and REDHAWK.
- Experience with general and special purpose electronic test equipment to perform both organizational and intermediate level maintenance.
- A graduate of NAVY Aegis Computer Network C School or commercial Network System Administrator equivalent.
- Having attained special skills such as basic soldering, wire wrap and connectorization skills.
- The most qualified candidates will have had formal instructor experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid CPR Certification from a Nationally Accepted organization.
- Possess and maintain a valid Passport.
- Hold and maintain a DOD SECRET clearance.
Up to 25%.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 9:51:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: