Full Time Employee
Solutions Architect (Job Number:421769)
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions. Some travel may be required.
Primary Job Duties
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product (e.g. UML, Sparx EA, MagicDraw)
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Develop or oversee the development of architectural proofs- of-concept in order to determine the feasibility of technology, designs or approaches
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Able to work closely with design team offering input and also closely works with customers to ensure solutions will meet requirements.
- Work with version management system to control the release of changes and with bug tracking to resolve moderately complex issues
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality (e.g. security, modifiability, extensibility, performance, etc.)
- Approve final product before launch
- BS degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 5+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C++, .NET, Java etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment including architectural spikes
- Able to obtain a DOE Q clearance and /SCI clearance, which may include a polygraph test
- Practical experience in developing with open-source, GOTS or COTS-based messaging, integration, data store and application server technology.
- Experience with developing/architecting Cloud-based solutions (e.g. AWS)
- Practical experience in developing component-based software solutions and frameworks.
- Practical experience in developing software product lines.
- Relevant experience in scientific/engineering data processing software development.
- Practical experience in real- time signal processing of sensor data.
- Practical experience with enterprise application development using Java Enterprise Edition (JEE).
- Practical experience with enterprise Web Service development, SOA, and related standards.
- Practical experience in developing and provisioning services and resources using a virtualization infrastructure
- Practical experience with detection, tracking, and classification algorithms.
- Practical experience with MATLAB or other numerical computing platform.
- An active Q, TS with SCI security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 8, 2016, 9:35:39 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: