Full Time Employee
Cyberspace Policy Analyst III (Job Number:421819)
SAIC currently has a contingency position for a Cyber Policy Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate will monitor and review incoming strategies, policies, doctrines, orders, plans Joint Concepts, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), concepts of employment, white papers, and other appropriate/applicable sources, and analyze and make recommendations to ensure correctness and consistency. Support all USCYBERCOM staff elements in the interpretation and application of cyberspace operations strategy, policy, and doctrine to command mission. Demonstrates broad, expert knowledge of the Command’s Cyber missions, authorities, and capabilities as well as equivalent information regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Command’s external program partners which includes (but not limited to) other DoD commands and agencies, other U.S. Government agencies and key partners.
Daily activities include:
1. Participate in all contingency and crisis planning functions (JPGs, Operational Planning Groups (OPGs), etc) as required to ensure proper representation of applicable guidance and doctrine.
2. Review requirements for cyber capabilities to ensure appropriateness and adequacy of requirements, de-confliction of development resources, and the plans for development, testing, and evaluation for cyber capabilities.
3. Develop assessment methodologies for USCBERCOM missions.
4. Create and maintain paper and electronic files and libraries of strategy, policy, and doctrine documents and meta-data concerning such documents.
5. Create assigned workflow tasks thoroughly and timely following reporting formats.
- More than fourteen (14) years of experience with research, analysis, development, and coordination of strategy, policy, and doctrine for cyber operations, at the national, DoD, Service, and command level.
- Demonstrated experience contingency and crisis planning functions and operational planning
- Significant experience on or in support of a major staff, i.e.; Joint Staff or CCMD staff.
- Experience in support of Service, COCOM or JS cyber exercise as a player or planner.
- Staff experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support of activities for defining policy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related field
TRAVEL AND SECURITY:
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2016, 3:28:30 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: