Full Time Employee
CANES SME/Instructor - San Diego (Job Number:421791)
- A challenging instructor position that equips students with the knowledge and skills to perform operations, system administration, network monitoring, fault isolation and system restoration of the Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) system.
- Implement and execute training courses using standardized practices and procedures to train military personnel.
- Provide subject matter expertise to development, testing and curriculum maintenance efforts.
- Will conduct individualized and classroom/lab training sessions, work on problems of diverse scope, and may determine methods and procedures for improving the training environment and curriculum.
- May be responsible for creating or updating course content, training materials and other course- related documentation.
- May supervise and provide guidance to other personnel.
- Will administer and follow training policies and collaborate with other military, government civilian and contractor training specialists with the objective of continuously improving training processes and delivery.
- Will interact on a daily basis with customers and other stakeholders.
- Instruct CANES System Administration courses in San Diego.
- The job includes setting up and instructing both classroom and laboratory portions of the CANES course.
- Train U.S. Navy and other system administrator personnel in the data, transport, voice and video services, systems management, cyber security, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting for CANES.
- Classroom instruction includes labs that reinforce the information discussed.
- System troubleshooting provides further understanding of the interaction of all system components.
- Provide subject matter expert support for Personnel Qualifications System (PQS), job qualification requirements and other workshops, and support maintenance and configuration control of CANES laboratory equipment and software
- In addition to instructing CANES courses, candidates who are qualified on ADNS and ISNS courses may be asked to teach those courses as well.
- Bachelor's Degree and Three (3+) years or more of related experience. High School Diploma or equivalent and + 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience Instructor / Technical Writer experience
- 3+ years of experience in Systems Administration.
- Experience supporting Department of Defense - Dept. of the Navy
- Candidate should have Must have DoD instructor training, preferably Navy 9502.
- Contract required certifications: CompTIA Security+ and either CCENT or MCSA.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 11:17:44 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: