Full Time Employee
Engineering Technician (Job Number:421757)
SAIC is seeking an Engineering Technician for our Upper Marlboro, Maryland facility.
- Provide technical support services including routine systems maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Work with team members in the design, documentation, construction and assembly of integrated electronic systems and associated hardware/software components.
- Ensure all required electronic systems are properly configured and tested in support of human subject testing.
- Operate hardware, software, and required test equipment for electronic system testing, operational verification, and performance evaluation.
- Identify and isolate faulty field system components, software and/or configurations and restore designated system(s) to full operational capabilities following operating casualties.
- Perform laboratory testing, diagnostics, configuration, and repair of system hardware components and related software.
- Generate technical documents, drawings, operator/maintenance procedures, test plans, and hardware and software recommendations for system upgrades and operational enhancements.
- Read block and schematic diagrams, engineering notes, and use best judgement to assure proper fit and function of electronic components and systems during assembly.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: NONE
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years experience with the following:
- Computer and LAN Configuration
- Maintenance Repair and Operational - MRO
- Linux (Computer Technology)
- Unix (Computer Technology)
- Biometrics (Technical Specialty)
- Test Plans and Procedures - Preparing (Technical Specialty)
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AS is desired. 3-5 years of work experience in a related work/career area.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 2:55:25 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-UPPER MARLBORO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: