Full Time Employee
SharePoint Administrator (Job Number:421926)
SAIC has an opening for a SharePoint Administrator located in Arlington, VA.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
SAIC provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. SAIC supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and check the overall server health and functionality.
- Monitor SharePoint disk space usage through the built-in SharePoint reports for each site collection.
- Manage SharePoint permissions.
- Analyze and report on SharePoint usage and activity.
- Move/copy sites.
- Support network load balancing needs and ensure correct operation of the network load balancer.
- Regularly review events and messages reported in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor
- Review, cleanup, manage and configure SharePoint accounts and sites.
- Analyze SharePoint content and storage.
- Monitor and report on SharePoint trends (e.g. site usage and growth, disk space usage and growth).
- Set up alerts and enforce policies.
- Audit the SharePoint environment and identify and report on governance violations.
- Check for operating system, SQL Server and SharePoint patches and cumulative updates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects.
- Excellent leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
- Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems.
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in systems engineering or software engineering or network support.
- Two to 5 years’ experience administering SharePoint in a highly complex environment.
- Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages and design principles and applications.
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft SQL Server - Basic operation, tuning, transaction log selection, backup and recovery, and maintenance planning, since SharePoint is completely supported by a Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Windows operating system and hardware expertise including basic administration of a server including service packs and hot fixes.
- Networking experience, in particular IP, DNS, Load Balancing as well as the concepts of availability, scalability, and maintainability.
- General understanding of firewalls, encryption and security zones.
- Experience with Internet Information Server (IIS) and the basic operation of websites, Application Pools, IIS Administration, the IIS Metabase, Ports, SSL Certifications (security certificates and wildcard certificates).
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to starting
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 2:17:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: