Full Time Employee
Unix System Administrator (Job Number:421932)
SAIC has an opening for a Unix System Administrator located in Arlington, VA.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
SAIC provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. SAIC supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
This is a 24x7x365 Operations role. Weekend, night, and holiday work is necessary at times.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build, configure, secure and deploy Solaris 10 system (global).
- Build, configure, secure and deploy Solaris 10 local zones (spare root or whole root zone).
- Troubleshoot Solaris 10 issues emanating from hardware, software and configuration issues.
- Analyze system performance and manage system resources.
- Manage Live Upgrade technology and provide support in both patching and upgrade efforts.
- Create content for and manage an enterprise automation system (BigFix, Satellite).
- Manage configuration control of team tools (Manual Curation, CVS/GIT).
- Install, configure, and manage Symantec Volume Manager for storage manager and Cluster Service software for system clustering.
- Build, configure, secure and deploy Red Hat LINUX standalone and Virtual Machine.
- Troubleshoot LINUX VM emanating from hardware and software related and configuration issues.
- Work with network administrators to configure and troubleshoot issues emanating from the network.
- Monitor current hardware and infrastructure capacity and usage.
- Respond to critical alerts from Sys Edge, Netcool, Opsware, etc.
- Write shell & PERL scripts to provide automation.
- Perform tasks using command line as well as GUI interfaces for all relevant tools.
- Troubleshoot NetBackup related backup issues as required.
- Attend daily, weekly, and monthly client meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Six or more years of experience as a Unix System Administrator in a client-server environment.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 24 x 7 on-call support (morning and second shifts available).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience configuring and maintaining operating systems including Solaris 10, VCS (Veritas Cluster Server), Red Hat 5 &6.
- Manage storage.
- Install packages and patches via satellite server.
- Debug Solaris 10, Linux 5.3/6.2 and VCS 5.0 or 5.1.
- Work from a Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Proven experience with Web servers, DNS, Firewalls, NetBackup, high availability solutions, load balancing.
- Experience with supporting servers in an EMC storage environment with associated tools.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to starting
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2016, 9:54:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: