Full Time Employee
Java Developers_JBC-P (Job Number:421944)
Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) JBC-P is currently looking for a Java Software Developers *ALL Levels* to work on JBC-P, the Army’s premiere C2 system.
The main focus of this development would be on the Mounted Android Computing Environment (MACE) enhancements being made to the JBC-P system.
SAIC has multiple openings/levels for Java Software Developers.
The candidate will be part of a collaborative team that will develop the 4th generation of the JBC-P system based upon the latest Android technology which will enhance the Army's situational awareness capability through common easy to use tactical applications. The candidate will work on diverse mission command systems that are on Army platforms today, reducing redundant software services and shrinking the command and control hardware footprint.
ALL LEVELS will be responsible to:
- Provide capabilities into a complex system being developed by phases
- Execute complete capability, from concept/scope definition, design, implementation, and formal test
- Expected to:
1) Provide hands-on software development contributions
2) Ensure software and related artifacts are complete, consistent, and accurate
3) Provide software estimation, scheduling, monitoring, and status updates
4) Escalate issues impacting progress
- Experience in Java and C++ Software Development
- Able to work in a Linux environment
- Experience with Software Design, Debugging, Documentation, and Testing
- Experience designing software solutions from a SOW, requirements, etc.
- Software Development Fundamentals, Requirements and Process
- Experience with pros/cons of Agile programming
- Git source code management experience
- Android development experience
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance with Interim Secret required prior to start date
- Able to support occasional travel
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2016, 12:48:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: