Full Time Employee
Sr. Storage Area Network (SAN) Engineer (Job Number:421938)
SAIC has a job opening for an Sr. Storage Area Network (SAN) Engineer to support our Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Center (MCNOSC) client's mission to provide enterprise network operations and defense located in Quantico, VA.
The Storage Area Network (SAN) SME will configure all aspects of the Storage Area Network (SAN) for MCNOSC. The Storage Area Network (SAN)SME will possess recent and relevant experience with SAN to include Snaps, storage provisioning, management software, recovery procedures, hardware installation and security of Logical Unit Numbers (LUNS) and access to each to provide EDM SAN support. This includes knowledge of Storage filers, software and hardware at the Tier III Level and its expertise with Windows, VMware, and networking to provide EDM SAN services. The environment is VMware based and the Contractor shall use its knowledge of VMware to provide SAN services. This work will be performed at the Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Center (MCNOSC), Marine Corps Base, Quantico VA. 22134.
- Resolve all SAN tickets and provide an SAN Status Report on a weekly basis for all SAN incidents escalated from Tier I organizations.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the Tier I organizations for handling standard SAN related incidents and service requests.
- Provide SAN documentation to Tier I organizations on the procedures for completing the task.
- Submit and execute SAN related Request for Change (RFC) tasks.
- Escalate SAN incident tickets to Tier III and other sections.
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Storage Area Networks.
- Monitor the health of SANs with MCNOSC- provided event management tools.
- Provide MCNOSC project support for SAN related technologies.
- Coordinate with S5 and other MCNOSC sections on SAN issues.
- Participate in a Change Review Board.
- Escalate issues to third party product vendors.
- Follow all ITIL version 3.0 (and later versions) processes as they are applied to the MCNOSC.
- Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Work closely with the MCNOSC management to continually improve the SAN performance while recommending solutions that reduce the overall Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase the MCNOSC Return on Investment (ROI) on the SAN investment.
- *Must have a Secret Clearance or higher. **
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience; or High school education and 8+ years of experience.
- 5+ years’ experience required in VMWare enterprise support, and 5 years SAN enterprise engineering.
- 8570 IAT Level III Certification upon 1 year after hire.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2016, 11:41:17 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-QUANTICO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: