M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
District of Columbia
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will lead proposal development efforts in a high volume, high profile environment that ensures efficient allocation of assets, effective communications and coordination with Operating Divisions, and timely preparation and delivery of proposal
products. Specifically: parse RFPs; develop and manage outlines, compliance matrices and proposal schedules; lead
development of proposal plan and kickoff material; conduct kickoff and checkpoint meetings; lead all review cycles and
incorporate feedback; lead proposal production; and monitor and measure proposal progress and completion status.
• Support multiple concurrent bids spanning multiple Operating Divisions
• Perform life-cycle proposal development including, but not limited to, the following:
- Parsing RFP for content dissection/allocation: Execute content development assignments for all bid and proposal
initiatives in an Integrated Process Team (IPT) environment; and ensure appropriate management and technical
participation from the Operating Divisions regarding content development assignments.
- Theming/Discriminators: Facilitate win theme and technical discrimination sessions with Operating Units to develop
consensus. Also facilitate discussions regarding competition "ghosting" and S.W.O.T. (strengths-weaknesses-opportunities-threats)
analysis and other content development strategies intended to improve win position.
- Storyboarding and Annotated Outlines: Develop detailed storyboards supporting all bid and proposal initiatives in
coordination with the Operating Division; implement consistent storyboarding techniques and formats across all proposal
efforts; prepare detailed annotated outlines, to include conceptual schematics of graphics, tables, matrices, and other data
and visual representation techniques; evaluate the value of existing content versus custom development on a case by case
basis; and work with subject matter experts in the IPTs to assist in the development of the technical solutions.
- Content Development: Perform development and vetting of proposal content including preparing substantive inputs to
Technical section, Management section, Past Performance, Corporate Experience, Resumes, Subcontracts and Small
Business plans, and all contractual forms such as Representations and Certifications.
- Quality Assurance: Participate in B&P Quality Assurance activities including final formatting, editing, proofreading
and production to meet established schedules and proposal deadlines.
- Manage work of technical and management contributors, proposal center writers, production staff, and subcontractors
to achieve high quality, compliant, responsive, and competitive proposals?
At minimum a Bachelor's degree in related field coupled with:
• Five (5) or more years hands-on proposal management experience with federal government proposals
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• In-depth knowledge of how to analyze a solicitation and structure a proposal to be compliant, responsive, and competitive
• Ability to motivate and energize a team to produce a winning proposal
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people who possess a variety of skills, experience, and personalities??
Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.??