Full Time Employee Contractor
District of Columbia
DevOps Engineer/Unix Administrator
CGI is seeking a DevOps Engineer/Unix Administrator for a federal project.
The Technical Consultant position provides an opportunity to experience the following:
1. Observe and learn both phased-based and agile solution delivery methods that we apply to delivering our information technology projects
2. Understand the application of software technology to solving real business problems
3. Engage with teams to develop technology based concepts and solutions for our clients. We generally focus on digital (mobile, online, etc.) and real-time information systems.
4. Engage with teams to define and automate manual activities to improve delivery quality
- Work collaboratively in a fast moving team
- Perform software application testing
- Analyze industry specific requirements/technologies and provide insight
- Work with appropriate parties to raise issues and work toward resolution
- Provide industry, area of study, or technical expertise to in-flight projects
- Provide consulting support / technical support to project team (e.g., QA/design review, environment setup, operations consulting, troubleshooting, system testing, site development etc.)
- Experience with DevOps
- Unix administration experience and knowledge of console operations and scripting/automation but flexible in skills to help grow the business.
- Command line experience
- Scripting experience
- Automation experience
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: