Full Time Employee Contractor
Contract is seeking a writer to provide support for communications activities including public affairs, media relations, employee communications, stakeholder communications, social media and public outreach at NASA Langley Research Center with the development of communications products and messaging strategies to communicate organization priorities and information to internal and external audiences.
• Manages the messaging platform to ensure clarity and consistency of messaging to key internal and external stakeholders.
• Researches and writes speeches and researches/writes other sensitive communications (interview and Q&A primers) for senior leadership
• Develops written materials for a range of audiences including public, news media, other NASA centers and headquarters, government and legislative leaders, aerospace/science technology executives and professional organizations
• Writes/edits op-eds, articles and commentaries published under senior leadership byline
• Solicits feedback from customers about the effectiveness of statements or speeches
• Serves as strategic team member/communications advisor on a range of center priorities, project and initiatives
• Assist senior executives in translating complex issues into clear and engaging information campaigns through digital and print channels
• Develops PowerPoint presentations to augment public speaking engagements. Excellent PPT skills are designed for this position.
• Assists in the management prioritization and assignments of speaker/speech requests
• Assemble a record of outcomes to document the impact of the communications activities
• Demonstrated skills in speech and op-ed writing.
• Superior writing and editing abilities.
• Critical thinker capable of synthesizing complex ideas and putting together crisp, logical and memorable messages.
• Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects. simultaneously with limited supervision and adhere to specified deadlines.
• Advanced technical proficiency in editing/word processing, spreadsheets.
• Effective interpersonal skills, oral and written communications, and an ability to translate research into language that the intelligent layperson can understand.
• Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive materials. Ability to be creative within fixed guidelines.
• Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint as well as Internet research skills.
• Familiarity with all release of information policies, inquiry/content management distribution systems, as well as the Agency’s designate content management systems and communications priorities
• Attend all required meetings in support of the executive staff and communications office
To apply for this job, contact: